The monthly meeting of the Parish Council will be held at The School Hall, Heptonstall J I & N School on Monday 13 April 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.
The Agenda for the meeting can be seen here.
If your organisation wishes to be considered for a Grant from the Parish Council you need to be aware of the Protocol below :
PROTOCOL FOR GRANTS (GENERAL)
1. Grants should be applied for in writing under the criteria laid down by the Parish Council (PC) which has sole discretion in respect of making an award.
2. All Grant claims should be received by the PC by 30 November in respect of payments to be made in the following financial year (commencing 1 April), and should be accompanied by a copy of the claimant’s Constitution, Committee structure (if any) and bank account details together with a copy of the latest audited accounts.
3. All Grants of £250 or less will be paid in a lump sum after the first PC meeting of the financial year. There will be no requirement for the organisation to account to the PC for the way it has spent the Grant.
4. No organisation will be given more than one Grant of £250 or less in any financial year.
5. For Grants over £250 it will be necessary for the organisation to discuss the application with PC members at a meeting to be held in either November or December each year which should include an agreement with the PC as to how it wishes the Grant to be paid. This will normally be by means of staged payments.
The PC will require evidence of the expenditure for each claim except where such payments are contributing to the day to day administration of the organisation, and shall require the completion of a ‘feedback’ form.
6. If the Grant is given for a specific project the PC will require evidence of the fulfilment of the project.
An application form can be downloaded here or obtained from :
Roger M Greenwood
Heptonstall Parish Council
Tel : 01422 844283
E-mail : email@example.com
Christmas Lunch at the Social & Bowling Club: Thursday 18 December 2014
Thank you! Thanks to all for the generous support for our second Christmas Lunch! We had 65 guests, served by Village Team elves, and we sent over 15 meals to local houses.
The meal was cooked for us at no charge by Rik Jones, Head Chef at Devonshire Hall, University of Leeds, assisted by his partner Sarah Wilmot. The food was kindly supplied by Hebden and Poole veg suppliers and Sykes House Farm butchers, both based in Wetherby.
The wonderful Heptonstall School Choir entertained the guests with beautifully sung Christmas carols as well as more up to date songs.
The Village Team is planning to have up to six trips this year. We’ve been lucky enough to secure a large luxury coach which “kneels” to the kerb for easy access.
Our Spring Coach Trip is on Tuesday 14 April 2015 to Stephen H Smith’s Garden Centre at Otley, leaving Heptonstall at 11.30 am.
The garden centre has a 300 seat restaurant, indoor and outdoor plant sales area, and an Edinburgh Wool Shop.
It’s all on one level, so fully accessible.
We can also loan out wheelchairs if booked with Jane in advance.
To book, ring Jane Hartmann 01422 846675.
Other dates for your diary:
19th May Harewood House
8th July Oswaldtwistle Mills
18th September Harrogate Flower Show
Open Mic Night at The White Lion.
Friday 30 January, 9:00pm till late.
All Welcome, Be Entertained Or Come And Give It A Go!
This is intended as a warm and welcoming Christmas event for anyone, and we will not discriminate against those who consider themselves too young to come along and join in!!
The big goal this year is to raise as much funding as we can to cover the cost of the day, and buy a really nice gift for all our guests.
Last year we sent home around 15 lunches for those who could not attend, and we know they were very much appreciated. This year we would like to do the same.
Our guests tell us, that they wish to get to know more of the newer inhabitants of Heptonstall and therefore they warmly invite you to join in, and come and have a Christmas lunch with us.
If you cannot attend, but would like to help us, we would be very grateful for your support, which could include…..
Making a donation:
Helping with entertainment:
Volunteering in other ways:
Well, what a year! Thanks to the amazing people of Heptonstall, we now have our own Village Team. Our main objective is to establish a varied, interesting and fun calendar of social events for our community elders.
So far, we have had:-
Lunch dates at The Cross Inn – Wed 19th November & Wed 10th December, 12:00 – 2:30 pm
Terry, and his team at The Cross, love hosting us, and I have to say, these are really lovely easy going events. Please let us know if you can attend, support us as a driver, or donate a raffle prize.
Fancy a trip to the panto? “Sleeping Beauty” at the Social & Bowling Club – Sat 29th November, 2:00 – 4:00pm (cost £3)
Oh no, we don’t Oh yes, we do….etc. As usual, we will arrange transport, for those who need it. We have spoken with the cast, who are delighted that some ‘old friends’ may be coming along to the Saturday Matinee.
Christmas Lunch at the Social & Bowling Club – Thurs 18 December, 12/ 12:30 pm
Can’t believe how quickly this year has gone! We are proposing a 3-course meal and surprise gift, for £10. A lot of our guests do not want a ‘free lunch’, but would rather pay a fair price for a good deal. We want to build in entertainment for this year too, but until we have organized that, we will be keeping mum!
As with any new group, we want more feedback, so we can develop and deliver ideas our community wants. What we learned this year:-
So, in conclusion……
With Kind Regards,
The Heptonstall Village Team