The annual fete at the chapel and field opposite will have a full programme of events including a dog show, Punch and Judy, adults and children’s produce competitions and much more on Saturday, September 5.
The fete will start at 1.30pm, and the fell race at 2pm. The Punch and Judy show is at 2pm followed by children’s games and dog agility at 2.30pm. The magic show is at 3.30pm and the tug of war at 4pm.
Produce, including cakes, jam, vegetables, etc, must be entered in the morning. See below for the full programme.
The monthly meeting of the Parish Council will be held at
The School Hall, Heptonstall J I & N School on
Monday 3 August 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m.
The full meeting agenda can be seen here.
Minutes for the 6 July 2015 meeting can be seen here, and for the meeting on 20 July 2015 here.
Sunday 2 August
10am set-up, 11am open
Bag a bargain or clear that clutter
£5 per table (includes breakfast roll)
Breakfast rolls for sale
For more information or to reserve a table, contact the Cross Inn on 01422 843284
An Extraordinary Meeting of the Parish Council will be held at Cross Hill, Smithwell Lane, Heptonstall on Monday 20 July 2015 commencing at 7.30 p.m..
This meeting is open to the public unless Members decide to exclude the public for any exempt or confidential item of business.
Members’ Interests (Personal or Prejudicial) relating to Agenda items for this meeting : to be declared prior to consideration of the appropriate item
- Apologies of absence and reasons
- Declarations of Interests (existence and nature) with regard to items on the agenda
- Public Participation Session with respect to items on the agenda
- To consider the following Planning Application:
- PA 15/00844/FUL : Change of use agricultural land to touring caravan site (30 pitches) including facilities building : land off Smithwell Lane, Heptonstall
- PA 15/00832/HSE : New porch to front elevation : 3 Townfield, Heptonstall
- To consider any other late notifications of Planning Applications
R M Greenwood
A full copy of the official agenda can be found here.
Don’t forget tomorrow’s family picnic at Popples Common to help find out local people’s views on the future of the Slack Baptist Chapel. The Big Picnic will take place from 1pm to 4pm on Sunday, 12 July. Bring your own food and blanket, find out more about ideas for the future of the building, and share your own thoughts.
The chapel was sold by the Baptists several years ago and is currently owned by an evangelical Christian group, however services have had to be moved because of problems renovating the building. Suggestions to use it as a halfway house for those recovering from drug abuse were dropped after objections from local residents. Could the chapel become a community centre, or could there be other uses for the building? All are welcome to this picnic to talk and find out more.
CommuniTEA is an opportunity to find out what’s on in and around Hebden Bridge. They’ll be free taster sessions and a great opportunity to meet local groups, societies, charities and organisers.
Hebden Bridge Town Hall – Saturday, 11 July, 2015 – 12:00 to 15:00
Oh, and there’s free tea!
You’ll be able to find out more about the:
- Neighbourhood Plan with the town and parish councils
- After Alice photography project
- Alzheimer’s Society
- Box 4 Fitness (free taster sessions)
- Calder Valley Youth Theatre
- Calder Valley Performance Ensemble
- Creative Arts for Dementia with Verd de Gris
- Forget Me Not Hospice
- Hebden Bridge Arts Festival
- Hebden Bridge Cubs
- Hebden Bridge History Society
- Hebden Bridge WI
- Heptonstall Village Team
- Hope Baptist Church
- Overgate Hospice
- Pennine Horizons
- Rhythm Time (free taster session)
- Stand Tall Pilates (free taster session)
- IT workshops with Stoodley Training
- Zen Tone (free taster session)
The Heptonstall Village Team will be there all day, with fliers and information on the events being arranged for our older generations in Heptonstall and the local community.
Our first lunch hosted by The Shoulder of Mutton was well attended and enjoyed by all.
Here are the dates for our next events.
Owen and Lisa will be back from Ireland for these dates and are looking forwards to welcoming us in person
Please contact Mel or Rachel if you need assistance with transport.