Well, what a year! Thanks to the amazing people of Heptonstall, we now have our own Village Team. Our main objective is to establish a varied, interesting and fun calendar of social events for our community elders.
So far, we have had:-
- a wonderful Christmas lunch 2013;
- a fabulous trip to Knaresborough, in September;
- varied speakers and entertainment at the Social & Bowling Club;
- lots of warm and welcoming lunches at The Cross Inn.
Lunch dates at The Cross Inn – Wed 19th November & Wed 10th December, 12:00 – 2:30 pm
Terry, and his team at The Cross, love hosting us, and I have to say, these are really lovely easy going events. Please let us know if you can attend, support us as a driver, or donate a raffle prize.
Fancy a trip to the panto? “Sleeping Beauty” at the Social & Bowling Club – Sat 29th November, 2:00 – 4:00pm (cost £3)
Oh no, we don’t Oh yes, we do….etc. As usual, we will arrange transport, for those who need it. We have spoken with the cast, who are delighted that some ‘old friends’ may be coming along to the Saturday Matinee.
Christmas Lunch at the Social & Bowling Club – Thurs 18 December, 12/ 12:30 pm
Can’t believe how quickly this year has gone! We are proposing a 3-course meal and surprise gift, for £10. A lot of our guests do not want a ‘free lunch’, but would rather pay a fair price for a good deal. We want to build in entertainment for this year too, but until we have organized that, we will be keeping mum!
As with any new group, we want more feedback, so we can develop and deliver ideas our community wants. What we learned this year:-
- lots of people have enjoyed meeting up with old friends they haven’t seen in a long time;
- guests also seem to want to mix with the younger, and/or newer residents of Heptonstall, and share stories.
So, in conclusion……
- We are suggesting this short Winter programme to allow us time to get more ideas for our 2015 calendar of events.
- You can email or phone: Jan Lymer – 01422 842979
With Kind Regards,
The Heptonstall Village Team