Listed below are some of the groups and organisations based in, or with links to, Heptonstall.
New information is welcome and should be sent to the website team – see the About page for more details…
- Bell Ringers – see Bellringer’s News
- Heptonstall Brownies meet in Heptonstall School on Thursdays during school term time. More details and joining information can be obtained from the website UK website.
- Heptonstall Village Team has the following Aims;
To organise a variety of events throughout the year for the older residents of Heptonstall Parish.
To provide opportunities for Heptonstall Parish residents to socialise and maximise that opportunity by providing transport, to and from, the venues where possible.
To support residents who are unable to attend by supplying gifts, cakes and buns direct to homes after the event.
To encourage the involvement of all age ranges within the Heptonstall Parish Area by recruiting volunteers to help and assist in the running of events.
More information from Jan Lymer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heptonstall Social and Bowling Club – several local groups meet at the Club which has a large function room available for hire, along with a fully functioning well equipped kitchen which parties may use. A manned bar is also available for hire if required. Ample parking is available, adjacent to the club, large enough to accommodate both cars and coaches.Acre Lane, Heptonstall, Hebden Bridge HX7 7LT – 01422 843149
- Guides – meets in Heptonstall School on Tuesdays during term time. For more information about Guides and to join a local unit please go to the website www.girlguiding.org.uk. Heptonstall Guides is a vibrant and popular unit, there are also local groups in Hebden Bridge and Todmorden.
- HAGS – Heptonstall Allotment Group – The Allotment Society was formed in 2008. It’s aim is to provide land for people in the Parish to grow their own produce. We have land behind the Bowling Club with a lot of help from the Parish Council and other generous bodies. We are also in the process of negotiating to rent another plot of land in Colden for people on our waiting list. If you wish to find out more please contact HAGS
- Handicrafts and Coffee (or tea!) – informal, open to all, bring your knitting, crochet, sewing and tapestry etc. for a pleasant morning with like minded folk. Every Tuesday, 10:30 – 12:00 at Towngate Tea Room.
- Hebden Bridge Cricket Club – We are a small club, playing cricket every weekend at Salem Fields between late April and September, weather permitting. We are not in a local league, and play relaxed but competitive cricket against various other (generally) non-league outfits home and away. We pride ourselves on having a really positive, friendly atmosphere within the club, with a broad spectrum of cricketing abilities represented.We are always on the look out for new members, we have regular off season nets on Sunday mornings, and irregular practices on some Wednesday evenings during the Summer. If you are interested in coming along to try your arm the best bet is to contact George Kidd – george*dovetailjoiners.co.uk (change * to @) to sort out a time to come and say hello, and to get onto the mailing list for updates.Another good way to come and see us would be to turn up to our annual Fun Day, usually the first weekend in June. We share our ground with the White Rose Archers and do a joint venture every year. We have a six-a-side cricket tournament on the day, get in touch if you want to enter a team.
- Hepton Singers
- Heptonstall Forward (HF)
- Heptonstall Lighting and Planting Group (HeLP)
- Communications Group (including the Parish Newsletter + Heptonstall Website)
- Traffic, Parking + Road Safety Group
- Information Boards + Signage Group – The group’s aim is to improve and clarify information and signage for visitors to Heptonstall. This involves working alongside Calderdale Tourism, Highways and Planning Conservation Departments, as well as Pennine Housing.
The group has looked very carefully around the village from the viewpoint of a visitor, and is now working on placing one information board at the Social & Bowling Club, where visitors (should) park. Further intentions are to incorporate the Heptonstall Trail into a further board at the Memorial Gardens next to the bus stop, and to site a few tasteful finger posts to more clearly guide visitors toward the footpaths and walks out of the village.
There is of course there is a financial cost, and bids for possible grants and other funding sources are being compiled.
- Good Neighbour Scheme (+ Voluntary Driver) Group
- Heptonstall Out of School Club – runs in Heptonstall School from 7.30am to 9am Mondays to Thursdays and from 3.30pm to 6pm Mondays to Fridays. See their own website for costs and contact details.
- Parish Council
- Play Group – Heptonstall Parent and Toddler Group meets at the Heptonstall Bowling Club every Monday from 10am-12pm. Toys, songs and activities for children with their parents or guardians aged 0-4. Entrance £1 per child, snacks and cake are provided on a rota basis.
- White Rose Archers – We are a friendly club based at Hebden Bridge in the Calder Valley and like to feel that we make new members welcome. We meet for regular shoots on Sunday afternoons and Thursday evenings. During the summer both these meets are held in the picturesque setting of our home field which we share with Hebden Bridge Cricket Club but in the winter we move the Thursday evening shoot indoors
- Yoga – classes are held on Tuesday evenings at Heptonstall Junior, Infant and Nursery School during term time. Contact Hilary Sharpe on 01706 815233 for more details.
Information on other groups welcome – please use the “Leave a Reply” box below…