Heptonstall Parish Council is one of two tiers of statutory local authority in the Heptonstall area.
The other is Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council.
The Parish Council exists to serve and support the community of Heptonstall Parish, specifically :
- To protect and conserve what is of merit in the heritage of the Parish, whether this be the green or the built environment,objects or features within them, or organisations, activities and facilities operating within the Parish.
- To promote and support new developments in the Parish which will contribute to the wellbeing of the Community whilst not detracting from that which is worth preserving.
- To prevent new developments which will impact adversely on the heritage of the Parish, or on the wellbeing of the Community.
- To consult members of the Community on all matters which potentially may have a major impact on the Community before arriving at a decision on action.
- To maintain awareness of the needs and wants of parishioners so that these can inform the prosecution of the Council’s aims.
- To keep parishioners informed of Council business in hand and of decisions made.
- To respond courteously and constructively to parishioners’ complaints and concerns of whatever nature and, where justified, to endeavour to the best of the Council’s abilities to bring about a fair and reasonable outcome to these.
- To secure the involvement and support of Ward Councillors – and through them the Principal Local Authority – in seeking to achieve the Council’s aims.
- To establish and maintain links with, and where required gain the involvement and support of, other people and bodies in achieving the Council’s aims eg the local MP, other Parish & Town Councils, NALC, National Trust, Rambler’s Association, etc.
Current Heptonstall Parish Councillors
|B A Baldwin||J Crowther||J R Dunford|
|M V Edwards||N G H James||K Roberts|
|J Scarborough||S Slater||B Stott|
Heptonstall Parish Clerk
Roger M Greenwood
The Mallards, Underbank, Hebden Bridge HX7 6PP
Tel : 01422 844283 e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents of the Parish are welcome to attend any meeting of the Parish Council.
Information on upcoming and previous meetings, including agenda and the resulting minutes can be seen via links in the table below;
|January 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|February 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|March 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|April 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|May 2015||Annual Meeting||Download||Download|
|May 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|June 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|July 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|July 2015||Extraordinary Meeting||Download||Download|
|August 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|September 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|October 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|November 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|December 2015||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|January 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|February 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|March 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|April 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|May 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|May 2016||Annual Meeting||Download||Download|
|June 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|July 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|August 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|September 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|October 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|November 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|December 2016||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|January 2017||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|January 2017||Staffing Committee Meeting||Download||Download|
|January 2017||Finance Committee Meeting||Download||Download|
|February 2017||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|March 2017||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|April 2017||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|May 2017||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|May 2017||Annual Meeting||Download||Download|
|June 2017||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
|July 2017||Parish Council Meeting||Download||Download|
Details of meetings are also posted on Parish Council notice boards in the centre of Heptonstall and at May’s Shop (Edge Lane, Colden).
In December 2014 the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) issued the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities. The Code is a requirement for smaller authorities to make information available for local people to increase democratic accountability.
Heptonstall Parish Council has resolved to adopt the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities. This page allows you to access all of the information that we are required to publish under the Transparency Code. The information for each financial year will be available after the end of the financial year on 31 March and by 1 July at the latest. The exceptions to this are the list of councillor responsibilities and the minutes, agendas and papers of formal meetings which are published on an ongoing basis.
Financial year 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017
|1||All payments above £100 (PDF)||Detailed in Meeting Minutes – links in table above|
|2||End of year accounts – Annual Return 2016-17||Download|
|3||End of year Bank Reconciliation 2016-17 (PDF||Download|
|4||End of year accounts 2016-17 (PDF)
Explanation of any significant variances (PDF)
|5||Annual Governance Statement 2015-16 (PDF)||Download|
|6||Internal Audit Report 2015-16 (PDF)||Download|
|7||List of councillor responsibilities||Set out above|
|8||Public land and building assets||Download|
|9||Minutes, agendas and papers of formal meetings||Links in table above|
|12||Register of Members Interests||Calderdale MBC|
|14||Last Annual Return||Download|
|15||Transparent Information on Council Payments||Download|
|16||Calendar of Meetings (inc Annual Meeting of Electors)||Download|
|17||Minutes of Meetings (inc Committees)||Links in table above|
|18||Monthly Parish Council Agendas||Links in table above|
|19||Budget and Precept Information – Current Year||Download|
|20||Budget and Precept Information – Forthcoming Year||Not yet available|
|22||Council Contact and Councillor Information||Download|
|23||Action Plan for Current Year||See Newsletters|
|24||Evidence of Participation in Town & Parish Council Planning||Detailed in Meeting Minutes – links in table above|
|25||Risk Managemernt Scheme||Quarterly Report included in Meeting Minutes – links in table above|
|26||Register of Assets||Download|
|27||Staff Contract of Employment||Download|
|28||Discipline and Grievance Procedures||Download|
Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council www.calderdale.gov.uk 0845 245 6000.
Heptonstall Parish Council publishes an occasional newsletter, past copies of which can be seen here.
Other Parish Council news is made available through this website’s News pages and can be seen here.