If your organisation wishes to be considered for a Grant from the Parish Council you need to be aware of the Protocol below :
PROTOCOL FOR GRANTS (GENERAL)
- Grants should be applied for in writing under the criteria laid down by the Parish Council (PC) which has sole discretion in respect of making an award.
- All Grant claims should be received by the PC by 30 November in respect of payments to be made in the following financial year (commencing 1 April), and should be accompanied by a copy of the claimant’s Constitution, Committee structure (if any) and bank account details together with a copy of the latest audited accounts.
- All Grants of £250 or less will be paid in a lump sum after the first PC meeting of the financial year. There will be no requirement for the organisation to account to the PC for the way it has spent the Grant.
- No organisation will be given more than one Grant of £250 or less in any financial year.
- For Grants over £250 it will be necessary for the organisation to discuss the application with PC members at a meeting to be held in either November or December each year which should include an agreement with the PC as to how it wishes the Grant to be paid. This will normally be by means of staged payments.
The PC will require evidence of the expenditure for each claim except where such payments are contributing to the day to day administration of the organisation, and shall require the completion of a ‘feedback’ form.
- If the Grant is given for a specific project the PC will require evidence of the fulfilment of the project.
An application form can be downloaded here or obtained from :
Roger M Greenwood
Heptonstall Parish Council
Tel : 01422 844283
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org